Seared Beef Caprese

Seared Beef Caprese
Man, I love fresh basil.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Yada, Yada, Yada....

Hello. It’s been a while.
I am just shooting the shit today. So, we got busy again tonight. I think we did more than upstairs. The upstairs had a special new wave night. It was the last one of the season and I thought for sure they would be slammed. I was wrong. We didn't get slammed but were way busier than I expected; sold some specials - tonight I ran a Veal Chop with tomato, mushroom and tarragon sauce. It looked great. I should have taken a picture (maybe tomorrow – as a matter of fact I am going to start posting pics on here soon). I still haven't figured out the picture thing yet. I did just get a new camera though; that should make it easier.
So, we are getting ready for the big end of the season blow out. It’s called “Havana Nights” (It’s Cuban… shhh) and I am looking for good salad ideas. Cuban? It might as well be Mexican as I haven't the slightest idea of what people from Cuba eat besides the sandwich and pork. I know about the fish too but it is all Latin flavors like lime and cilantro or Island flavors like coconut or plantains and other than that it is pretty much BBQ stuff. I am not sure how fancy this is going to get. Hey, I know it isn't the cuisines fault, but I just don't think the people who name these shindigs think it out very well. I mean if you want the last party to be the biggest don't you want to go to Italy or France or Spain - some country that has a lot of regions and different dishes based on their surroundings?
Regardless, here's a quick tortilla wrap for you all to try out. I like the burrito sized flavored ones like sun-dried tomato or spinach but plain is fine. Mix equal parts BBQ sauce and mayo together and set a side for the filling. In a bowl, toss in 4 ounces of shredded chicken (smoked if you got it), some shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, bacon bits, 2 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese and some shaved red onion and cilantro if your daring. Mix in the BBQ mayo to your liking, warming the tortilla up a little (so it’s easier to fold and roll). Toss the mixture in the tortilla and wrap it the best you can and enjoy.
Let me know what you think. Cheers!
Wrap Ingredients:
Burrito style tortilla (flavored preferred)
BBQ Sauce
Mayo
4 ounces of smoked shredded chicken
Shredded lettuce
Diced tomatoes
Bacon (preferred cooked then chopped strips)
2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Red Onion
Cilantro

No comments:

Post a Comment