Seared Beef Caprese

Seared Beef Caprese
Man, I love fresh basil.

Saturday, April 24, 2010


Okay, picture number one is pear and blackberry with Castillo bleu cheese in a pita crisp.I really like this photo and snack. For one it looks like stones in a shell to me. Two, It is very tasty. This dish was something I put together for a neighbors party. It was a Spanish Tapas theme, hence the Castillo bleu cheese. Clearly the pita is not spanish. I claim artistic license only because Castillo is spanish and my favorite bleu cheese. This recipe is easy too. Get the small pita pockets from the store(or make your own), slice them in half to form discs, Add ingredients like mine or tomato, spinach and feta or artichoke, olive, basil and fresh mozzarella, toast it in your oven/ toaster oven(set at 350) for 3-4 minutes and....... Ta Da! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment