Seared Beef Caprese

Seared Beef Caprese
Man, I love fresh basil.

Monday, March 15, 2010

The Ides of March....

Hey to you all. Thanks for the support.
So, The Executive Sous is out of town for a couple of day's. That put's me into the "right hand man" position at work. All I can say is that my Executive Chef's phone is Annoying. I think he is a Jimmy Buffet Fan. Weird, because he's French. Anyway, getting ready for St. Patty's day. I found out today that the members could care less. Great! So, I am running the same old boring corned beef and cabbage plate all day instead of the killer idea's I came up with. Okay, I am not bitter.
The rest of my day was good. Lunch was pretty quite, it usually is when we put out the "yada-yada" buffet. Beef brisket, mashed potato, veggies, salad and dessert. I don't know if it is old people that love the buffet or if people could just care less and will eat anything when they're hungry. Anyway, it gave me plenty of time to start a prep list for menu change on thursday and pick out my specials for the night. I ran the boneless short rib, veal scaloppine(sold it out) and cioppino(tomato based, italian seafood stew). We have a few shorty's left. We only sold one cioppino. I let "Juice" cook it. I think I need to show him one. Ya Know, it always looks better in my head! I'll post my cioppino recipe tomorrow. It is easy. Plus you get to put whatever seafood you have available in the pot.
Funny little story. We some how ended up with two cases of parsley. Now, if you work or have worked in the biz you know how much parsley I am talking about. If you haven't, then think of a moving box that you would put books in and fill it up, now double it. Yeah, A lot of parsley. So, for the past three day's or so I have been chopping it up. Well, today I made some parsley/walnut pesto(good stuff) for the pasta special and decided to do fried parsley and calamari for the tapas. That, got rid of the first case. This afternoon as the Chef is getting ready to put out the "yada-yada" stuff he looks up and says "Do you have any chopped parsley?". Maybe that's only funny to me. I know that everyone else in the kitchen just started grinning because everything except dessert for the past two days past through a shower of parsley.
Pictures are still forth coming. As well as an interesting story. Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Rob. Set up an RSS feed so I can get alerted about new posts! Im glad youre doing this. Youre an amazing chef.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont forget to talk about Walleye.

    ReplyDelete